In the Gathering Space of our church there is a family resource center called "Faith@Home." From Bibles to devotionals, to children's books and reading plans; the Faith@Home Center has it all! Serveral things are for check out or purchase, and others are to give away. Come and see what might be helpful to you!
Every person in our church can access Biblically-based videos on topics like marriage, parenting, children, youth, recovery, leadership, finances and much more. Experience the world’s largest customizable library of biblical video resources.
The best way to get access to RightNow Media through North Oak is to send an email to email@example.com or sign up in the Gathering Space.
The word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Memorizing Scripture renews our mind, guards our mind, strengthens our faith and prepares us for spiritual battle. We memorize God’s Word to fix the verse in our minds so that the Holy Spirit will recall it whenever needed.
Memorizing Scripture should be a consistent part of your discipleship journey.
1. Read the verse in context.
2. Think about the meaning of the verse.
3. Start by memorizing the scripture reference; chapter and verse (say it out loud over and over).
4. Add the first word to the scripture reference and repeat until memorized.
5. Memorize additional words/phrases, always starting with the scripture reference.
6. Continue until you have the entire verse memorized (writing it down can help too).