Position: Office Manager
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Start Date: June 2020
Priority Deadline: May 27, 2020
The North Oak Community Church (NOCC) Office Manager position is designed to serve in the day-to-day operations of the church and provide administrative support for the ministry staff in order to free them to fulfill their core functions of shepherding, preaching, teaching, prayer, leadership development, and/or ministry development.
Each individual holding a staff position at NOCC holds a sacred trust – representing and advancing the mission of the church. Interaction with the guests and members who enter the church office will necessitate discerning how best to facilitate their needs and desires. It is understood that we cannot meet every need or desire, but the mindset must reflect one of joy and service, communicating “yes we can; let’s see how we can make that work,” while graciously functioning within the policies and procedures. Conduct on and off the job must sustain a positive impact on NOCC’s goals, ministries, and testimony in the community.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Office Manager keeps the ministry staff abreast of current events and church schedule; maintains the church calendar in consultation with ministry staff and committee chairs; relieves the ministry staff of routine administrative tasks; keeps inventory of office supplies and orders as necessary; maintains record of office expenditures as it relates to budget; enlists and supervises volunteer office help as necessary. Writes checks and maintains accounts payable file under the direction of the Finance Committee.
- Serve as point person responsible to produce, in conjunction with the ministry staff, and
- distribute communications out to the church (bulletin, Friday email)
- Keeping all Church office files current and retrievable
- Distribute mail to ministry staff and appropriate Church ministries
- Type visitor letters and maintain visitor file
- Communicate with all volunteers for Sunday (assist in rescheduling as necessary)
- Keep records of Church membership, baptisms, weddings, dedications
- Maintain church directory
- As per the key policy, maintain record of and distribute keys
- Maintain NOCC Website and Social Media (WordPress, Training available)
- Organize materials and liaison with vendors/contractors
The Office Manager acts as the representative of the Church to all visitors and callers to the Church office and persons transacting business with the Church office; screen calls and visitors at the ministry staff’s direction, answer general questions concerning the Church or direct them to the most efficient source for answers; schedule appointments for ministry staff when requested.
- Possess a personal faith and walk with God
- Affirms agreement with the NOCC Statement of Faith
- Has a clear sense that God has prepared him/her for this position
- Agrees to abide by the NOCC standards of conduct
- Self-starter who is able to work independently, recognize needs/gaps/opportunities, and initiate suggestions to improve church processes
- Possessing key character qualities: dependable, encourager, joyful, gentle, loyal, secure, servant-minded, forgiving, self-disciplined
- Administrative skills: effective organizer, effective time manager, effective communicator
- Computer skills: PC current Windows OS, Microsoft Office, Servant Keeper Church Management System, QuickBooks (online)
- Clerical Skills: grammar and editing, word processing, spreadsheets/budgets, office equipment
- Ability to work well with people
- Shall have a philosophy of humble cooperation that encourages and strengthens teamwork
- Shall be known for joy in serving others and fostering joy in others
Full-time position: 30–hour work week (hours somewhat flexible)
Work hours: 8 AM – 3:30 PM Monday—Thursday (1 hour lunch) and 8 AM – 12:00 PM on Friday
- Anticipated hourly wage of $14 to $16 based on experience and skills.
- Employee health benefit. The church provides full-time employees with a health reimbursement arrangement (HRA) which is a company-funded, tax-free health benefit used to reimburse employees for personal health care expenses.
- Employee retirement benefit. The church offers a 403(b) retirement plan through GuideStone Financial Resources and contributes 7% annually to the plan.
- Ten days of earned paid leave during first year of continuous employment (includes sick leave, vacation, and personal days).
- Seven paid holidays annually. New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and one day employee choice.
Initial evaluation will be conducted after 3 months of employment. A second evaluation will be conducted after 6 months of employment. Thereafter, evaluation will be done annually and will include evaluation by the Lead Pastor and a self-evaluation.
Applicants should submit a resume and contact information for three professional references via email or postal mail to the following address. If you have questions regarding the position, please contact:
North Oak Community Church
Attn: Joshua Burkholder, Elder of Administration
3002 Northridge Court
Hays, KS 67601
Final candidate will have consented to and successfully completed a criminal background check if applicable for the position.
ABOUT NORTH OAK COMMUNITY CHURCH
North Oak Community Church (NOCC) is located in Hays, Kansas and is a church of over 350 members. The church is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren and has a mission “to grow in Christ, live connected, and take Jesus to others.” NOCC has four full-time ministry staff and one full-time and one part-time support staff. The congregation is an evangelical church with members from differing theological backgrounds and geographic locations in northwest Kansas, but are all united around the Gospel of Christ and the authority, inerrancy, and sufficiency of the Word of God.