Purpose, Spiritual, and Leadership Training for Men
Wednesday Mornings at 6:00am: Men’s Fraternity meets at Breathe Coffee House, 703 Main Street. Bring a Bible!
Wednesday Evenings at 6:00pm: Men’s Fraternity meets at North Oak in Room 121. Bring a Bible!
Come join us in discovering God’s design for men and gain a clearer definition and inspiring vision of Authentic Manhood.
Our Purpose: to encourage every man to be authentically and fully the man God designed and gifted him to be. As authentic men, we will follow our Leader, Jesus Christ, obediently to carry out His Mission for life.
- Colossians 3:12-17 “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.“
- Philippians 4:8-9 “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.“
- 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”
Our Life Mission … of following our Leader Jesus Christ will be seen …
*In our marriages – as we become true lovers of our wives – seeking to serve & meet their needs as our Leader Jesus did for His bride.
*In our families – as we train our children – by our words encouraging spiritual growth – and more importantly – as we actually live what we say we believe – passing to them the torch of faith in Christ.
*In our jobs – as we acknowledge them as gifts from God – as we work believing God is truly our boss – and as we see our jobs as opportunities to serve our employers and co-workers as Jesus would do.
*In our church family – as we discover how God has gifted us spiritually – and then choose to use those gifts to build up His body here on earth.
*In our community – as we lead in being the “best citizens” – to the glory of God – some taking positions of leadership in the government.
- We will reject the “normal passivity” men exhibit and lead in these critical areas…
- We will take up the “mantle of responsibility” in these areas…
- We will move forward – following our leader, Jesus – with courage…
- We will not sell ourselves short by settling for temporary “atta boys” – but will wait to hear … “Well done – Son”, from God Himself.
We will watch God build His life – into each man – as we meet together for Biblical instruction, wise encouragement, and times of great fun – where we all “have each other’s back.
Single men are encouraged to build into the “family of God” – as well as their own biological families.
Young men and sons will be invited into the company of men and invited to join all men to “put away the attitudes of childhood” and turn toward growing as the authentic man God has designed them to be – in the company of men.
Keith Brungardt – firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin Greenleaf –email@example.com